- CT scans are a specialized series of X-rays; MRI uses magnets and radio waves.
- MRI scans can help reveal how severe some types of stroke are and may help find lesions early.
- "research suggests finding lesions early may lead to better health outcomes."
- Ischemic strokes are caused by a blood clot in the brain, 3 hour response.
- Hemorrhagic strokes are caused by bleeding in the brain.
New guideline says MRI best for diagnosing stroke
(Reuters) - A kind of scan called an MRI is much better for diagnosing stroke than a CT scan, the American Academy of Neurology said in new guidelines released on Monday.